- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup orzo pasta, cooked
- 4 large carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Saute/stir onion for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from heat source.
- Add in orzo and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, carrot, red bell pepper, zucchini, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or more.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.