Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another one from Southern Living found in my stash. We love salads and can't have too many recipes.
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup orzo pasta, cooked
- 4 large carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or 3 -4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- Saute onion in 1 tablespoon hot oil 10 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat and stir in orzo, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, carrot and next 6 ingredients.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Serve on lettuce leaves if desired.