Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick, easy and flavoursome dish.
- 2 large field mushrooms, wiped clean and stalks removed
- 2 medium zucchini, chunky cut
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 1 red capsicum, quartered
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 head garlic, in loose cloves, with the papery skin rubbed off (don't bother peeling the soft inner cloves)
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar or 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 50 g persian feta
- 500 g penne pasta
- Prepare sauce: Preheat moderate-hot temperature (200 degrees C) oven. In a large roasting tin, place a single layer of cubed vegetables. You want fork-sized pieces (1cm-ish cubes) - it is important that the pieces are of similar size, so that they cook at the same rate.
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, and pepper and toss through the vegetables until they are well coated. Scatter over garlic, thyme and rosemary and roast for 20 - 30min until the vegetables are cooked through and caramelizing in the pan.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed, in a large pan of salted water.
- To serve: Toss drained pasta into the vegetable pan, adding a small amount of the cooking liquid to help deglaze the pan. Place in serving bowls and top with crumbled feta and parsley.
5 stars for the simple idea of putting the pasta into the veg to deglaze the pan! I would have put the veg into the pasta. Genius! I made this with smoked garlic and sheeps milk feta that I bought at the Food Show yesterday. This was a recipe worthy of my special ingredients. Thanks. :D