Prep 1 hr
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is a combination of two other recipes with my own ideas incorportated into it to make it a salad that is also a meal in itself. Be sure to refrigerate overnight and serve it cold.
Prepare the following and put into a large bowl
- 158.51 ml green bell pepper, chopped
- 158.51 ml yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml finely chopped celery
- 118.29 ml chopped red onions or 118.29 ml vidalia onion
- 177.44-236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 4-5 hard-cooked eggs, coarsly chopped
- 177.44-236.59 ml frozen baby peas, slightly thawed
- 118.29 ml water chestnut, chopped (optional)
- 8 slice bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (optional)
- 340.19 g light chunk tuna in water, well drained and flaked into bite sized pieces (can use cooked chicken or ham also)
- 226.79 g tri-color spiral pasta, cooked 10 to 12 minutes, drain off and rinse in cold water, drain off again & add to bowl
Mix together in a separate bowl
- 177.44 ml salad dressing (not mayonnaise)
- 118.29 ml caesar salad dressing, and dip (comes in a jar, and is quite thick)
- 44.37-59.16 ml milk (Try 3 Tbsp. first, if still too thick, add one additional Tbsp.)
- Put all prepared ingredients into a very large bowl and mix well. Then pour dressing over salad and mix to coat the ingredients well. Refrigerate overnight before serving. Serve cold.
- Note: For a different flavor change, try: about 1 cup Italian dressing, or 1 cup of Ranch dressing.
Enjoyable pasta salad, made 1/2 batch, which filled my 2-quart Corning casserole dish. For the salad dressings, made Recipe#11369 (which I recommend for this recipe) and Recipe#174591 (which was acceptable). This was a lot of work, using bits of ingredients. I would make the full batch for an economical pot luck dish. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game.