Prep 1 hr
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is a combination of two other recipes with my own ideas incorportated into it to make it a salad that is also a meal in itself. Be sure to refrigerate overnight and serve it cold.
Prepare the following and put into a large bowl
- 2⁄3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onions or 1⁄2 cup vidalia onion
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 -5 hard-cooked eggs, coarsly chopped
- 3⁄4-1 cup frozen baby peas, slightly thawed
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, chopped (optional)
- 8 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (optional)
- 12 ounces light chunk tuna in water, well drained and flaked into bite sized pieces (can use cooked chicken or ham also)
- 8 ounces tri-color spiral pasta, cooked 10 to 12 minutes, drain off and rinse in cold water, drain off again & add to bowl
Mix together in a separate bowl
- 3⁄4 cup salad dressing (not mayonnaise)
- 1⁄2 cup caesar salad dressing, and dip (comes in a jar, and is quite thick)
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk (Try 3 Tbsp. first, if still too thick, add one additional Tbsp.)
- Put all prepared ingredients into a very large bowl and mix well. Then pour dressing over salad and mix to coat the ingredients well. Refrigerate overnight before serving. Serve cold.
- Note: For a different flavor change, try: about 1 cup Italian dressing, or 1 cup of Ranch dressing.
Enjoyable pasta salad, made 1/2 batch, which filled my 2-quart Corning casserole dish. For the salad dressings, made Thick and Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing (which I recommend for this recipe) and Lemony Caesar Salad Dressing (which was acceptable). This was a lot of work, using bits of ingredients. I would make the full batch for an economical pot luck dish. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game.