Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A low-carbohydrate main course. Light and satisfying.
Make and share this Summer Tuna Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely grated onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- lettuce leaf
- 1 tomatoes, cut in 6 slices
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Drain zucchini in a paper towel-lined colander until as dry as possible (some squishing may be required!).
- In a bowl, combine zucchini, tuna, eggs, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Shape into six patties about 1" thick.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add tuna patties and cook until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes.
- (I have cooked these in batches).
- To serve, place two patties on a lettuce leaf, top each with a slice of tomato and a dollop of mayonnaise.
I made 1-1/2 recipes and didn't bother trying to make these into patties; I just threw it into a greased 9x13 pan, baked for 30 minutes at 400F, and cut it into 8 pieces. This makes it a great WW recipe!
These really were delicious-but it took some skill to make it work! I'll mention how I made them; hopefully they'll help someone else! I used one can of tuna to make 2 patties. I did add the salt to the zucchini & soaked up as much moisture as I could, but when I formed the patties, they still seemed too wet. So I squeezed the moisture again (after I'd added the rest of the ingredients-I added 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, garlic powder & used 2 tbsp Eggbeaters). Then when I formed patties again, they were much drier & easier to handle. I cooked them on medium in olive oil spray for about 4 mintues for each side. I was nervous they weren't going to hold, as some cracks were forming, but as long as I was gentle with them, it was fine! I topped them with a little fat free mayo, no tomato, a little mustard & 1/2 slice turkey bacon for a kick. A great low carb meal! Thanks for sharing!
Absolutely wonderful, don't change a thing.