Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Country Woman. "You won't break a sweat fixing these easy chillers! The frozen snack, made from fruity gelatin and powdered soft drink mix, can be whipped up in no time, according to Darlene Markel. " Freeze time wil vary. No cooking time listed. See note at end of directions for variations.
- 1 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin (can use sugar-free gelatin)
- 1 (1/8 ounce) package unsweetened cherry drink mix (like Crystal Lite)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 10 disposable plastic cups (5 ounces)
- heavy-duty aluminum foil
- 10 wooden popsicle sticks
- In a bowl, combine sugar, gelatin and soft drink mix in boiling water until dissolved.
- Add cold water,pour into cups, and cover each cup with foil.
- Insert sticks through foil (foil will hold sticks upright).
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. pan; freeze.
- To serve, remove foil and plastic cups.
- NOTE: Any flavor gelatin and soft drink mix may be used.