Recipe by Impera_Magna
Found in Raleigh (NC) News & Observer, created by Beverly Mills & Alicia Ross of Deperation Dinners. Sounds delightful and will try it this weekend!
- 2 (1 lb) packages frozen cheese tortellini
- 8 ounces cooked bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) package grape tomatoes
- 1⁄4 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄8 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion (for 1/2 c chopped)
Quickie Dijon Vinaigrette (use 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons country-style dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 4 quarts unsalted water to boil; add tortellini, bring back to a boil, and cook according to pkg directions until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place bacon on microwave-safe plate lined w/ a paper towel; then cover the bacon w/ another paper towel. Nuke on high for 1-2 mins, until crisp. Remove bacon from microwave and coarsely chop; set aside.
- Slice grape tomatoes in half and place in a large serving bowl. Seed and dice the bell peppers and add to bowl. Rinse and thinly slice green onions, using all the whites and enough of the green tops to make 1/2 cup. Add onions to bowl.
- When tortellini is cooked, drain in colander and rinse under cold tap water. Shake colander to remove as much water as possible. Allow to drain while making the vinaigrette.
- Toss the well-drained tortellini w/ the vegetables in bowl. Add 1/2 cup of dressing to bowl and toss until well coated.
- Serve at once, topping salad w/ bacon.
- OR refrigerate (without bacon) until ready to serve, up to 4 hours. Bring back to room temp and top w/ bacon before serving.
- NOTE: The three different colors of peppers make this salad beautiful but you can use one or two color.
- Quickie Dijon Vinaigrette.
- Place all ingredients in small jar and shake well to combine.
- Store at room temp for up to 10 days.