Recipe by FloridaNative
From Southern Living, May 2009 (recipe by Shirley Wood, San Antonio, Texas) this versatile and hearty dish makes a great one-bowl meal. You can substitute one 12-ounce can rinsed and drained albacore tuna for a "Tuna Tortellini Salad", or serve this as a side dish by preparing without any meat. NOTE: Prep/cook time does not include 25 minute chill time. Serving size is approximate.
- 1 (19 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green olives
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- kosher sea salt
- fresh parsley sprig (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and place in a large serving bowl. Stir in chicken, olives, pepper, onion and parsley.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, and herbes de Provence. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Pour over tortellini mixture, tossing to coat. Stir in salt to taste.
- Cover and chill at least 25 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs if desired.
- NOTE: Substitute 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning for herbes de Provence if desired.