Recipe by Felix4067
This looks very pretty in a glass bowl. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
Top Review by carwashgirl
I just made this salad for a family picnic today and it was a big hit! My brother-in-law said it is his "new favorite salad". I doubled tortellini using (1) 9oz pkg regular and (1) 9oz pkg of spinach and I used a pint of grape tomatoes cut in half. I used just one can of blk olives, 1/2 of the seedlesss cucumber, 3/4 cup of Greek dressing (which I think made the salad!), six small green onions, 6oz of feta cheese and approx 1/4 cup parsley. So, even though I doubled the tortellini, I did not double all of the other ingredients and I would do it exactly the same way again. I was feeding 15 people and had less than half left over. I will definately be making this salad again this summer. It is very pretty, tasty and extremely easy to make. Thanks Felix4067 for this fantastic recipe!! 09/05/10 An Update: This salad has become a summer picnic staple for me! I am making it this weekend for the FIFTH time! You have to try this recipe!
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini, cooked according to package directions, drained well
- 5 roma tomatoes, washed and cut into large chunks
- 1⁄2 English seedless cucumber, unpeeled, cut into large chunks
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup mild pepperoncini pepper, drained and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing (or Greek)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled