Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Chef Leah Eskin, published in the Chicago Tribune. What a fun way to dress up ice cubes. I've put the ingredients for just one drink - the number of ice cubes you make is up to you.
- whole fresh mint leaves
- whole fresh basil leaf
- whole fresh thyme leave
- fresh lime juice
- 56.69 g vodka
- 113.39 g tonic water
- Fill one or more ice cube trays with water. Drop one perfect herb leaf (or several thyme leaves) into each compartment.
- Drizzle the juice of one lime per tray across all the openings. Freeze solid. Pop out and store in plastic freezer bags.
- Drink: Drop 4 or 5 cubes into a chilled 8 ounce glass.
- Add vodka and fill with tonic. Stir once.
- I think lovage leaves would be great for Bloody Marys.