Recipe by Lalaloob
Why not, it's summer. Got this from a friend, who I believe took it from Penzey's website.
- 1 1⁄8 lbs ready made puff pastry, 2 sheets
- 4 red ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 -4 teaspoons shallot salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, ribbon-cut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Roll out pastry to the desired square shape, either a 14-inch square or cut into 6 to make smaller tarts.
- To form the border, score a square, ½ inch from the edge, which will keep the tomatoes in place during baking.
- Cut and twist the edges as desired for a little flair. Brush the edge and twisted ends with egg white to seal the pastry.
- Spread the pastry (not the edges) with Dijon mustard, cover with sliced tomatoes, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with SHALLOT SALT and basil and bake for roughly 11 minutes for small tarts, 20 minutes for a large tart, until puffy and golden.