1/1 Photo of Summer Tomato Salad With Corn Salsa
Sherri at the Beach's Note:
I created this dish last summer when we had such wonderful tomatoes coming out of our ears. This is fresh, colorful, and tasty. Serve as an appetizer course, side dish, or as a lunch course by adding some cooked shrimp or chicken. Prep time includes allowing the salsa to sit for 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the salsa: Cut corn from the cob and place in a mixing bowl.
- 2Zest the lime into corn, then juice it as well and stir into the corn.
- 3Add in cilantro, olive oil, red onion, red pepper and cumin. Stir and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- 4Cut each tomato almost all the way through into eights. Place each on a plate and open tomato to make a large flower.
- 5Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt on each tomato.
- 6Place 1/4 of the salsa into the center of each tomato. Serve room temperature
- 7If you want to make a full meal of this, add 1 cup grilled or broiled chicken or shrimp seasoned with olive oil and garlic.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Tomato Salad With Corn Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.8
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 596.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g