Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is my dad's creation, and also the only thing I think he has ever "cooked" in his life, but he sure does this one good (proof that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out/lol)!!! The amounts are approximate, as I have never really measured the ingredients. This is a wonderful, light, and refreshing side dish (or appy)in the summer; good for BBQ's. So simple, but so yummy (and it also looks very pretty:) Prep. includes refrigeration.
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup oil (I use olive oil)
- 1 dash garlic powder
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- On large platter, layer tomato and onion slices, overlapping slightly.
- Sprinkle sugar over all, followed by vinegar, and olive oil.
- Season to taste.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Hi Manda See a slight variation of this in the recipe that I posted some time ago called "Simple Summer Tomato Salad" (Recipe# 30477). But, I am gonna try yours because I really believe that ultimate flavour of the dish is gonna be somewhat different. Just thought of sharing with you. Smiles Mini