Recipe by Kimke
This is best when you can get fresh tomatoes. Perfect on a hot summer day!
Top Review by rebellemichelle
I didn't have yellow pepper so I left it out but this was delicious. It's easy to play around with the spices to your own tastes, and I reduced the olive oil by a lot because it just added way too much fat. You could eat this as a salad, put it in a pita or taco shell, or even use it as a dip for chips! Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 cups grape tomatoes or 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and 1/2-inch diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup small-diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers, seeded (2 peppers)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon frshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, seeded, peeled, and 1/2-inch diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the tomatoes, yellow pepper, black beans, red onion, jalapeno peppers, and lime zest in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper and pour over the veggies.
- Toss well.
- Just before you're ready to serve the salad, fold the avocados into the salad.
- Check the seasoning and serve at room temperature.