This is best when you can get fresh tomatoes. Perfect on a hot summer day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups grape tomatoes or 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and 1/2-inch diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers, seeded (2 peppers)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon frshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, seeded, peeled, and 1/2-inch diced
- 1Place the tomatoes, yellow pepper, black beans, red onion, jalapeno peppers, and lime zest in a large bowl.
- 2Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper and pour over the veggies.
- 3Toss well.
- 4Just before you're ready to serve the salad, fold the avocados into the salad.
- 5Check the seasoning and serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Tomato and Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.3
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 452.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: