Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Prepare this ahead on those hot summer days, and toss on the grill for a quick meal. A colorful, pretty main dish. We love these served over saffron rice. The recipe easily doubles for guests. Prep time does not include marinade time of 1-2 hours.
For the marinade
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ginger
For the K-Bobs
- 1 lb smoked sausage, Polish, Keilbasa, your favorite sausage, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 mushrooms
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Slice the sausage and vegetables. Alternating ingredients, place on skewers.
- Lay skewers in large, glass dish. Pour marinade. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Grill (or place under broiler) 5-6 minutes each side, until vegetables are tender. Brush marinade on meat and vegetables while grilling.
- Serve over rice.