Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
To hot to turn the oven on. Need something light, but good. Try this recipe!
- 59.14 ml broccoli floret
- 59.14 ml cauliflower floret
- 59.14 ml mushroom (optional)
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- shredded cheddar cheese
- ranch dressing
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- cheese, optional (Your Favorite)
- Cook broccoli and cauliflower till desired tenderness. drain and put into bowl. Add mushrooms, if desired.
- Cut and open a pita bread and stuff veggies inside. pour about 2 to 3 tablespoon ranch dressing inside. Top with the onion, chopped tomato and the cheddar cheese.
- Close pita secure top with tooth pick.
- Micro wave for about 30 to 40 seconds till.
- everything is hot and cheese begins to melt.
What a treat! Now I do not have a microwave so I did this in a non stick skillet -no oil- no problem. When I had roasted the veggies in the pan I stuffed the Pita shells, added the tomato, onion & cheese wrapped them in foil and put them under the broiler (6" from heat) for 8 minutes. The Ranch Dressing gives a super flavor boost. I used Moorsdam cheese. I confess being a carnivore I added a bratwurst to my plate. Thanks michEgan for a super supper