Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great on the grill.
Make and share this Summer Thyme Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf, halved
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 lbs chicken parts
- In a small sauce pan, combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 2 minute
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Pierce chicken with a fork.
- Place in a tight fitting bowl.
- Add cooled marinade. Save some for basting.
- Turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Grill or bake at 350 deg. about 50-55 minute
- Baste often with remaining marinade.
Delicious! Ran out of red wine vinegar, used cider vinegar with a drop of sweet red wine. Baked it in the oven and it was so juicy.
Very interesting recipe...turned out super tender and loved the spices blending! Made for PAC Fall08.