Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is delicious, and even better toasted. It'll remind you of summer all year long.
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough cycle; press Start.
- At end of cycle, remove dough onto a floured board, shape into a ball, cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Shape into a loaf, place in a lightly greased 9x5 inch loaf pan, and let rise, covered, for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Slash top of loaf with a sharp knife or razor blade. Sprinkle a bit of flour on top. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until loaf is golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.
- Remove loaf onto a wire rack and let cool.