Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from a "Dear Abby" column in the daily paper a short while back when someone was requesting a copy of her "family favorite" dessert recipe. Prep time is an estimate.
- 1 cup fresh seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup fresh whole blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup fresh peach, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- In 9x12-inch glass dish, combine fruit and mix well.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the fruit.
- Top with sour cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- The sour cream will seep through the brown sugar to the fruit.
- To serve: gently stir the fruit; spoon into sherbet glasses.
- TIP: Any combination of fruits may be used: fresh plums, kiwi, raspberries, pitted bing cherries, etc.
- However, fresh peaches, fresh grapes, and fresh blueberries are a necessity.
- Frozen or canned fruits are not recommended.
Great late night snack. Although I did not have grapes I substituted fresh raspberries in their place. I did use frozen peach slices and Balkan (thick) yogurt for the sour cream to be corn free! I followed the rest adding a little bit of banana that needed using up. (no it wasn't brown or mushy).