This recipe came from a "Dear Abby" column in the daily paper a short while back when someone was requesting a copy of her "family favorite" dessert recipe. Prep time is an estimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 9x12-inch glass dish, combine fruit and mix well.
- 2Sprinkle brown sugar over the fruit.
- 3Top with sour cream.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- 5The sour cream will seep through the brown sugar to the fruit.
- 6To serve: gently stir the fruit; spoon into sherbet glasses.
- 7TIP: Any combination of fruits may be used: fresh plums, kiwi, raspberries, pitted bing cherries, etc.
- 8However, fresh peaches, fresh grapes, and fresh blueberries are a necessity.
- 9Frozen or canned fruits are not recommended.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Surprise Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.2
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.9 mg
- Sodium 36.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g