Recipe by wjorma
A really refreshing dinner I prepare when there are only two for dinner. there ar never any leftovers. You could substitute the vegetables with ones you like if desired.
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, minced
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup radish, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a medium bowl mix together:.
- coconut milk, lime juice,salt,.
- pepper flakes, sugar & honey.
- Reserve 1/3 Celsius for dressing.
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish
- and pour the remaining milk mixture over.
- the chicken. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Assemble the salad while the chicken bakes:.
- 2 green cabbage, scallions, snow peas,.
- cilantro & radish.
- Pour over the 1/3 Celsius reserved milk mixture and toss well.
- Add the coconut & toss. Set aside.
- When the chicken is done take the chicken out of the pan
- and slice each piece and place on a serving plate.
- Place 1/2 the salad next to the chicken.
- Boil the remaining milk mixture juices into a sauce pan
- reducing the mixture to 1/2 cup. Pour over the chicken. Enjoy.
- a meal for two !