Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Complex flavors meld into a delightfully tasteful explosion on the plate.
- 3 bunch fresh spinach
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 59.14 ml shallot, minced finely
- 1 hard-boiled egg, mashed
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml honey
- 1 blood orange, juice of
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans, toasted
- 236.59 ml sliced strawberry
- 6 slice bacon, crumbled
- 78.07 ml grated asiago cheese
- 6-12 fresh strawberries
- Combine spinach and lettuce in large bowl; chill in fridge while prepping toppings.
- Just before serving: in a small bowl, combine shallots and mashed egg, mashing a bit to meld flavors; add mayo, honey and juice, and stir to blend; set aside.
- Drizzle dressing over greens, tossing well to coat everything evenly.
- Portion greens onto six serving plates; then add one-sixth of the toppings, ending with the cheese sprinkled artfully on top.
- Garnish with one or two fresh strawberries.
Wonderful summer salad. Everybody liked it. Ya know when its good when they ask for the recipe.
I had a dinner party with friends and served this salad. I was a bit worried when I made this salad because I thought I had too much salad for the dressing to cover, but I was wrong. The dressing was just right. Everyone enjoyed the salad and really liked the crunchy textures with the bacon and pecans.
This was a nicely flavored salad. The dressing worked well with the other ingredients. There was plenty of crunch from the bacon and pecans. Good luck in RSC #11.