Recipe by Jellyqueen
I found this in an old cookbook that I purchased in a Goodwill Store. I love this type of refreshing salad for those warm spring and summer evenings.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce or 1 head lettuce, of choice
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange lettuce leaves on 4 salad plates.
- Mound 1/4 cup cottage cheese in the center of each salad plate.
- Arrange a 1/4 cup blueberries around the edge of the cottage cheese.
- Next arrange orange slices around outer edge of blueberries.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice and salt, then add the honey slowly, beating contstantly with a whisk.
- Chill in a tightly covered jar and remix just before serving.
- Drizzle dressing over salad when ready to serve.