Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This chicken is so tasty and easy to make. I found this wonderful recipe in a newspaper supplement, 1000 Islands Favorites 2005 edition.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Prepare breasts for stuffing by cutting pocket in center.
- Combine feta, tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, zest, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Stuff each breast with 1/4 cup filling.
- Coat both sides of breast with oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, 10-12 minutes per side.
- (Oil the grates before grilling.).
- If oven cooking, uncovered at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Let chicken rest, whole and uncut, for 5-10 minutes before serving.