Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a light salad with a lot of flavor. It goes very quickly at summer gatherings! I have had many people ask for the recipe.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 473.19 ml strawberry, sliced
- 236.59 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml red wine vinegar
- 2 clove garlic
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- Combine chopped romaine lettuce and red lettuce.
- Add sliced strawberries, shredded cheese, and chopped walnuts.
- Mix dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad right before serving.
- This makes A LOT of dressing, so you might let guests pour their own.
- Of course, you can improvise.
- I have used raspberries and almonds.
- Use whatever is in season!
Very good, we loved the dressing! I use blueberries too and added slivers of Gruyere Cheese instead of Monterey Jack. The Gruyere went extremely well with the salad! Thanks for the delicious recipe!
What a delightful salad! We love the combination of flavors and textures. The walnuts give it nice crunch. The salad dressing is a perfect compliment!!! Very pretty presentation and one you will be proud to serve to your gurests. Thanks for sharing, Sisty Gin.
A tasty summer salad with a lot of color that even appealed to my kids! I preferred cashews to the walnuts- but whatever works! It's a great time of year to enjoy it!