1/2 Photos of Summer Squash With Toasted Garlic and Lime
Paris D's Note:
We haven't tried this yet, but it's supposed to work with summer squash or zucchini. Prep time includes 30 minutes for the squash to sit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g zucchini or 453.59 g yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml chicken broth
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1.23 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 2.46 ml dried oregano or 9.85 ml fresh oregano, chopped
- 29.58 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1Toss the squash with the salt and let stand in a colander for 30 minutes over a dish or in the sink. Rinse and pat dry.
- 2In a large skillet, saute the garlic in the vegetable broth until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove garlic and set aside. Raise heat to medium-high.
- 3Add squash to pan and saute for 8-10 minutes, until tender but a little crunchy.
- 4Stir in lime juice, oregano, parsley, pepper, roasted garlic, and.
- 5salt to taste. Mix well.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Squash With Toasted Garlic and Lime
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.4
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 614.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g