We haven't tried this yet, but it's supposed to work with summer squash or zucchini. Prep time includes 30 minutes for the squash to sit.
- 453.59 g zucchini or 453.59 g yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml chicken broth
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1.23 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 2.46 ml dried oregano or 9.85 ml fresh oregano, chopped
- 29.58 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Toss the squash with the salt and let stand in a colander for 30 minutes over a dish or in the sink. Rinse and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, saute the garlic in the vegetable broth until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove garlic and set aside. Raise heat to medium-high.
- Add squash to pan and saute for 8-10 minutes, until tender but a little crunchy.
- Stir in lime juice, oregano, parsley, pepper, roasted garlic, and.
- salt to taste. Mix well.