Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
We haven't tried this yet, but it's supposed to work with summer squash or zucchini. Prep time includes 30 minutes for the squash to sit.
- 1 lb zucchini or 1 lb yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Toss the squash with the salt and let stand in a colander for 30 minutes over a dish or in the sink. Rinse and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, saute the garlic in the vegetable broth until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove garlic and set aside. Raise heat to medium-high.
- Add squash to pan and saute for 8-10 minutes, until tender but a little crunchy.
- Stir in lime juice, oregano, parsley, pepper, roasted garlic, and.
- salt to taste. Mix well.
This is a great squash dish! Easy and packs quite a flavor punch with the toasted garlic and lime. Also a great way to take advantage of the garden's goodies - I used yellow summer squash, fresh oregano and parsley. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
Nice tasty squash recipe! I used zucchini and thought it was great with the lime and oregano. My pieces were a little big so I cooked mine for about 15 minutes. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!