Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was hungry last night and had these ingredients on hand. I decided to mix them and see what would happen. This was so good, I'd make it again (reheated leftovers were a good lunch today, too). And it's inexpensive when the veggies are in season. It's versatile and forgiving - ingredients can be substituted easily. This would also be a nice meat-free dish without the sausage. Quite filling on its own.
- 3 squash, sliced into rounds (I used 2 zucchini, 1 yellow or crookneck)
- 15 ounces diced canned potatoes, drained
- 1⁄3 cup light caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning (optional)
- 4 ounces summer sausage, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds, then cut in half (I used Hillshire Farms)
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Pour drained potatoes into non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add squash rounds, Caesar dressing and spices.
- Cover and cook until veggies are softened. Add more dressing if desired.
- Add sausage and heat through.
- Serve and top with feta cheese.