Prep 7 mins
Cook 8 mins
365 Low Fat.
- 2 small summer squash
- 1⁄2 small tart apple
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon minced chives or 1 tablespoon parsley
- Trim ends from squash and cut into thin slices.
- Core apple and cut into thin slices.
- In a medium saucepan, combine squash, apple, chicken broth, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cook until squash and apple are tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Serve garnished with chives or parsley.
This did not taste good at all. Hubby, me and the kids did not like it, in fact, had to throw it in the garbage. The chicken brother made the squash and apple soggy.