Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb yellow squash or 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- to taste fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (plus)
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Combine water, bouillon cubes, zucchini or yellow squash and onions in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add hot sauce and pepper.
- Spoon squash mixture into the container of an electric blender.
- Add yogurt. Process until smooth.
- Serve hot or cold.
- May be frozen.
Great alternative to mushy cooked down sqush! Loved the recipe, very refreshing!
My four year old and I loved this! So easy and simple well expect the blender part :) but yummy and healthy it's a winner! I used Greek yogurt Didn't think about the texture being different than normal. I liked it still and I added the hot sauce separately and loved it! Either way it's great! Thank you! This was my favorite recipe of the 2 I tried, may add leeks sliced and sauted in butter, a little milk and poultry seasoning if doing a double batch because I did like that flavor from the other re pie but liked the overal texture and taste of this recipe more!
Great way to use up squash! Easy to make, tasty, and pretty. I topped the soup with cherry tomatoes, sliced green onions, and croutons to make it a little more substantial. I made it with the hot sauce, but next time will omit as it just seemed a little at odds with the taste of the squash.