1/4 Photos of Summer Squash Soup
This is a delicious way to use up the fresh squash from your garden. I prefer it hot but it can be served cold as well. From the Junior League of Pine Bluff Arkansas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the yellow squash and zucchini (unpeeled) into small pieces.
- 2Melt butter in a saucepan. Add squash, zucchini, and celery leaves. Cook over low heat, covered, until tender - about 20 minutes.
- 3Put the veggies and 1 cup of chicken stock into a blender and puree.
- 4In the saucepan, blend puree with the remaining 3 cups of chicken stock. Add salt, pepper, and celery salt to taste. Bring to a boil.
- 5Serve hot or cold, garnished with parsley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.1 mg
- Sodium 466.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 8.8 g