Recipe by Acerast
This is a delicious way to add veggies to your menu. We especially like it in the summer when the garden is overflowing with squash. It can be made in the morning, chilled and served with grilled meat in the evening. What could be simpler or healthier? From Taste of Home "Quick Cooking Annual Recipes, 1999", submitted by Mary Ann Kosmas of Minneapolis.
- 2 small summer squash, julienned
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine yellow squash, zucchini, red pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, dill, garlic salt, celery salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over vegetable mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time (at least 2 hours).