Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook. Per Serving: 108 calories, 4g protein, 5g net carbs, 7g fat, 10mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium
- 2 lbs summer squash (about 4 small) or 2 lbs zucchini (about 4 small)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Wash and cut squahs into half-moon slices, about 1/4-inch thick; set aside.
- In large skillet, warm olive oil; add butter and stir to melt.
- Add onions, garlic, salt, and pepper to the skillet and cook for 3-4 min, or until softened and fragrant.
- Add squash and tabasco to the skillet and cook, stirring, about 8-10 min, or until squash is softened.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and serve hot.