Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Something I cooked up trying to use up crook-neck squash and came out great!
- 2 pattypan squash
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium crookneck yellow squash
- 1 (5 1/2 fluid ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Slice the squashes into coins then smaller if desired. Fry the squash in vegetable oil till slightly golden.
- Pour in chopped garlic and mix.
- Then add entire can of V-8 juice and allow to simmer till squash is soft then add fennel seeds and paprika and stir.
- Serve over rice.