1/2 Photos of Summer Squash Salad With Lemon, Capers and Parmesan
Originally a Fine Cooking recipe, this was pointed out to me by Mean Chef and Shelly. It is a fabulous salad that has great presentation. Would be excellent as a side to salmon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lb summer squash (Yellow, Zucchini or a mix)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup chives, cut into 1/2 inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, finely grated, plus a chunk to shave for garnish
- 1Mash garlic to a paste with a pinch of salt, put in a small bowl and whisk in lemon juice. Let sit for 10 minutes and then whisk in olive oil.
- 2Using a mandoline or sharp chef's knife, cut squash into very thin ovals (1/16 inch thick). Put into a medium bowl and toss with 2/3 of the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Combine Arugula, parsley, chives and capers in a separate bowl, season with salt and pepper, and toss with just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat.
- 4Layer about 1/3 of squash in a shallow bowl or platter, scatter 1/3 of arugula mixture on top and sprinkle with 1/3 of the grated Parmesan. Repeat layering two more times.
- 5For garnish, shave long strips of Parmesan with a vegetable peeler onto the salad. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Squash Salad With Lemon, Capers and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.0
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 225.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g