Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fast, easy, light, and good! I love this during the summer. The preparation time is about how long it takes me; it really depends upon how fast you can chop and whisk. :)
- 4 small zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 4 small crookneck yellow squash (about a pound)
- 2 lemons, juice of or 2 limes, juice of
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- fresh dill or other herbs, sprigs to garnish (optional)
- Trim ends off zucchini and yellow squash, and cut into narrow strips (julienne).
- Whisk lemon or lime juice with shallots, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk in oil and herbs.
- Toss squash with dressing and serve, garnished with herb sprigs if desired.
Great recipe for the garden squash. We loved this one ! The only changes I made were using one small onion from our garden in place of the shallots. I also used 2 lemons and one lime and dried dill. It had a wonderful fresh flavor and will be a frequent treat around here. Thanks for sharing!
A delightful salad! I cut it in half for the two of us and it was just right. I did add a little Splenda to the lemon juice as we don't like things to tart, but that is a personal preference. I also threw in some sun dried tomatoes (" Sun-Dried " Tomatoes) and they added color as well as a little more flavor. Thanks for a healthy, refreshing salad. Carole in Orlando