Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Colorful and tasty dish.
- 12 ounces dried linguine
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red sweet peppers, sliced
- 2 medium yellow sweet peppers, sliced
- 2 -3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return to saucepan; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook green onion and garlic in hot oil for 30 seconds. Stir in sweet pepper and carrot. Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the zucchini, salt, and black pepper. Cook and stir for 3 minutes more. Add broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 1 minutes or just until vegetables are tender.
- Add vegetable mixture and basil to pasta; toss to combine.
- Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pine nuts.