Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another good one from Food and Wine. I made this as part of a party menu and it was very popular. I suggested this to my favorite local restaurant, and they made it a special. F & W reccomended a Sauvignon Blanc to go with it.
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 170.09 g pizza dough
- 0.25 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded part-skim-milk
- 4.92 ml summer savory, chopped
- 113.39 g summer squash, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 56.69 g fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 29.58 ml walnuts, chopped toasted
- Preheat the oven to 500. Preheat a pizza stone.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the minced garlic and let stand.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to form a 12-inch round, 1/4 inch thick. Transfer the round to a lightly floured pizza peel.
- Leaving a 1/2-inch border of dough, brush the round with the garlic oil and sprinkle with crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Scatter the onion slices over the round; top with the mozzarella and savory.
- Arrange the squash slices on top in a single layer, overlapping them slightly.
- Dot with the crumbled goat cheese.
- Slide the pizza onto the hot stone and bake for about 5 minutes, until the bottom is crisp and the squash is slightly browned. Transfer the pizza to a work surface.
- Sprinkle with the walnuts and drizzle with olive oil. Cut into wedges and serve.