Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a vegetarian dream. I love this dish more than ordinary spaghetti. You will never miss the meat!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced in strips
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 medium yellow squash (summer squash)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 quart whole tomato, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked al'den'te
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Saute onion and garlic on med heat in 2 Tbs of butter. Cook until onions are tender.
- While onions are cooking, slice the squash and zucchini in disks. Add to onions. Add 2 more Tbs butter. Cook until the squash is almost translucent.
- Add tomatoes. Carefully chop tomatoes without cutting the squash. Stir.
- Add sugar. Stir. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add remaining butter to the pasta and toss. Add parsley and toss again.
- Stir in the Parmesan to the squash mixture until melted.
- Top the pasta with squash.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired.