Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Doing some research on eggs , I came across this recipe and it looked so good I made it, tweeking it just a little. I enjoyed it and now am posting it for you! Adapted from the American Egg board.
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced summer squash
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons butter (or cooking oil or cooking spray)
- In small saucepan over medium heat, stir together all of the filling ingredients.
- Cover and cook just until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Uncover.
- Cook until liquid is evaporated.
- Cover to keep warm and set aside while preparing omelets.
- In small bowl, beat together eggs, water, cheeses and seasonings until blended.
- In 7 to 10-inch omelet pan or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon of the butter until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of the egg mixture. (the mixture should set immediately at edges.)
- With a spatula, carefully push cooked portions at edges toward center so uncooked portions can reach the hot pan surface, tilting pan and moving cooked portions as necessary.
- When top is setting and no visible liquid egg remains, fill with half of the reserved vegetable mixture.
- With spatula, fold omelet in half, or roll.
- Invert onto plate with a quick flip of the wrist or slide from pan onto plate. Keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining egg and vegetable mixtures for second omelet.
- Serve and enjoy!
ni ce one
I made this along with the Omelette Challenge for ZWT5 and was very glad I did. Even with no gooey cheese to leak out it was excellent. I sliced the veggies on a mandoline & they were pretty and also cooked quickly. Excellent!
Loved the squash in this! Tasty, quick and healthy, low in carbs, great breakfast for me! Made for the Omelette challenge for Zaar World Tour 5.