1/2 Photos of Summer Squash Omelet
Doing some research on eggs , I came across this recipe and it looked so good I made it, tweeking it just a little. I enjoyed it and now am posting it for you! Adapted from the American Egg board.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced summer squash
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1In small saucepan over medium heat, stir together all of the filling ingredients.
- 2Cover and cook just until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Uncover.
- 3Cook until liquid is evaporated.
- 4Cover to keep warm and set aside while preparing omelets.
- 5In small bowl, beat together eggs, water, cheeses and seasonings until blended.
- 6In 7 to 10-inch omelet pan or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon of the butter until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
- 7Pour in 1/2 cup of the egg mixture. (the mixture should set immediately at edges.)
- 8With a spatula, carefully push cooked portions at edges toward center so uncooked portions can reach the hot pan surface, tilting pan and moving cooked portions as necessary.
- 9When top is setting and no visible liquid egg remains, fill with half of the reserved vegetable mixture.
- 10With spatula, fold omelet in half, or roll.
- 11Invert onto plate with a quick flip of the wrist or slide from pan onto plate. Keep warm.
- 12Repeat with remaining egg and vegetable mixtures for second omelet.
- 13Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Squash Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.0
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 386.0 mg
- Sodium 221.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 15.3 g