Recipe by cajunhippiegirl
Nice light meal for summer that uses fresh veggies, and is easy to put together. It is really a meal in itself, but you could always add some fresh french bread & herb butter to go with it.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Very tasty & unique with the addition of the ranch dressing, lemon peppers & basil. Sub'd the yellow squash with zucchini and added some chopped asparagus. Enjoyed this recipe, thanks for sharing.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 yellow squash, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 8 ounces roll breakfast sausage, browned & drained
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- cajun seasoning
- lemon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 slices cheese, any flavor you like I use Pepper jack to give it a little kick
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a 12 inch skillet over Med-Hi heat.
- Add Zucchini, squash, onion, mushrooms and olives.
- Sautee until onions are tender.
- Add pre-cooked sausage.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Whisk together Eggs, Ranch Dressing and seasonings until well blended.
- Pour over veggie/sausage mixture in skillet.
- Stir in 1/2 of Shredded Cheese.
- Stirring cnstantly, cook over low heat until bottom and sides of eggs are set.
- Sprinkle top of eggs with remaining cheese.
- Move Skillet to oven.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven.
- Arrange 4 slices of cheese over top of eggs.
- Sprinkle evenly with Fresh Basil.