Recipe by FloridaGrl
We love squash! This is a quick easy egg dish that does well for any meal. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. I have also added a cup of chopped mushrooms, diced and seeded tomatoes and a clove a garlic on occasion to spice it up a little.
Top Review by Thrifty Cupcake
This is a great basic frittata recipe! I added Italian seasoning and excluded the sour cream and it tasted great. I halved the recipe and it only needed to bake for 25 minutes, so keep an eye on yours too. Thanks for the awesome recipe!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 small zucchini, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 2 small summer squash, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (we use cheddar or Parmesan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a 10 inch ovenproof skillet over medium high heat;add chopped zucchini,squash,and onion, and sauté 12-14 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove skillet from heat.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients until well blended. Pour over vegetable mixture in skillet.
- Bake at 350°F for 33 to 35 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and the center is set. Sprinkle evenly with the cheese and the chopped fresh basil.