Recipe by WiGal
I serve with Grilled Basil Lemon Turkey Breast, roasted asparagus, coleslaw, and Sour Cream Peach Pie. Have made ahead and also have frozen prior to baking. I prefer baking in shallow layer so it is less soggy. I plan ahead by making 9 inch pan of cornbread day before and then using the leftovers for this. Melt butter in container big enough to hold other ingredients. I have subbed in zucchini also for this.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
Really tasty dish. Ours was kind of dried out but not he recipes fault. We used a large summer squash, never again. Next time I am going to buy cute little squashes. MAde for Culinary Quest 2014 for Southern US.
- 3 1⁄2 cups cornbread, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs summer squash, 1/4 inch slices
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In large bowl, put cornbread, onion, and summer squash.
- Mix remaining ingredients together, pour over dressing, give it a gentle stir.
- Put into greased 9 by 13 inch pan, bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes. Or freeze, defrost, and bake later--freezes well.