Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I serve with Grilled Basil Lemon Turkey Breast, roasted asparagus, coleslaw, and Sour Cream Peach Pie. Have made ahead and also have frozen prior to baking. I prefer baking in shallow layer so it is less soggy. I plan ahead by making 9 inch pan of cornbread day before and then using the leftovers for this. Melt butter in container big enough to hold other ingredients. I have subbed in zucchini also for this.
- 3 1⁄2 cups cornbread, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs summer squash, 1/4 inch slices
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In large bowl, put cornbread, onion, and summer squash.
- Mix remaining ingredients together, pour over dressing, give it a gentle stir.
- Put into greased 9 by 13 inch pan, bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes. Or freeze, defrost, and bake later--freezes well.
Really tasty dish. Ours was kind of dried out but not he recipes fault. We used a large summer squash, never again. Next time I am going to buy cute little squashes. MAde for Culinary Quest 2014 for Southern US.
This made for a great side dish with dinner tonight along with some chcken breasts. Recipe came together nicely, and definately enjoyed the flavor with the chicken stock. This also was nicely seasoned. Enjoyed by all, Made for PRMR Tag.
What a delicious way to cook yellow squash, which we love. This dish could be made with a number of veggies. I think next time, I will add more liquid as it was a tad bit dry. But, it may have been the proportions I used as well. Will definitely make this dish again. Made for Culinary Quest, U. S. Southern Region, August, 2014.