1/2 Photos of Summer Squash Custard With Goat Cheese
This resembles a crustless quiche. Try other fresh herb combinations instead of dill, i.e. thyme, tarragon, oregano, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large yellow squash, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (chevre)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Coat an 8 x 8-inch baking dish or 6 individual ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Place the squash and onion in a large saucepan in enough water to cover them. Cook over medium-high heat, covered, until the squash are tender, about 15 minutes. Strain well and mash slightly with a potato masher or large fork.
- 3Add the goat cheese and butter while still hot and stir until melted.
- 4Mix in the cornmeal, eggs, milk, dill, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- 5Pour into baking dish or individual ramekins
- 6Bake for 40 minutes (35 minutes for the ramekins) or until golden brown on top.
- 7Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Squash Custard With Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.5
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 89.4 mg
- Sodium 495.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 8.0 g