1/1 Photo of Summer Squash Crock
8 hrs 15 mins
Great dish to use those fresh summer veggies from the garden. Full of flavor. I usually line the crockpot with those special liners made by Reynolds for quick and easy cleanup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In skillet, cook the sausage crumbling it into small pieces. Drain grease and place in Crockpot.
- 2Add onions and garlic on top of meat.
- 3In same skillet add olive oil. Heat over medium heat. Add chopped squashes and saute for about 2 minutes. Place this layer next in the crock.
- 4In same skillet add broth and bring to a boil. Make sure to get up any bits of meat and veggies from bottom of skillet. Boil for one minute. Pour over squashes.
- 5Finally in the skillet add the can of tomatoes, cumin and red pepper. Bring to just a boil. Pour over every thing else in crockpot.
- 6Cover and cook in crockpot on low for 8 hours.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Squash Crock
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.3
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 496.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 10.4 g