Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A very good chutney with meats, cheeses and just off the spoon. Just guessed at the amount of jars....because it is not stated in the recipe.
- 1 lb summer squash
- 2 cooking apples
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled
- 3 medium onions
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups mix dried fruit
- 2 1⁄2 cups malt vinegar
- Peel and core the squash and apples.
- Chop the squash and apples with the tomatoes and onions.
- Put this mixture into a saucepan with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into warm sterilized jars and seal.