Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Aunt Candy's awesome summer squash casserole.. A family recipe handed down and loved by all! I can't remember any family gathering where it wasn't served and disappeared.
- 2 lbs summer squash
- 1⁄4 cup onion, sliced in rings
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepeperidge farm prepared stuffing
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Cook squash and onion in boiling water for 8 minutes, drain.
- Combine sour cream, chicken soup and carrots. Fold in squash and onion. Toss melted butter in stuffing. Spread 1/2 on bottom of oven dish, spread vegetable mixture on top, add remaining stuffing on top. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
This is fabulous!! My husband doesn't like onions (he likes the flavor, just not the consistency), so I put onion powder in with the cream of chicken. Other than that, I make it exactly like the recipe says, and it is just sooo good!! I have also made it with Zuccini, and it's great.