1/2 Photos of Summer Squash Casserole
MARIA MAC *'s Note:
Cut this out of a magazine a long time ago. Everyone loves this. I usually double recipe as this only serves 2. Putting it here for safekeeping
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, combine squash, onion and 1/4 tsp salt.
- 2Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 2 minutes or until squash is crisp tender. Drain.
- 3In a bowl, beat egg, mayonnaise, sugar, pepper and remaining salt until blended.
- 4Stir in cheese and squash mixture.
- 5Transfer to a greased 2 cup baking dish.
- 6Toss cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over top.
- 7Bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.1
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 135.7 mg
- Sodium 948.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 8.6 g