Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 6 medium zucchini (about 7 cups) or 6 medium summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 3/8-inch slices (about 7 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of onion soup (or cream of mushroom soup)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- In a large pan, cook zucchini and onion in a small amount of boiling water for 3-5 minutes or until crisp tender; drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the soup and sour cream; stir in the carrots.
- Fold in the zucchini mixture; set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, toss the stiffing mix and melted butter.
- Sprinkle half the stuffing mixture into an ungreased 2 quart baking dish.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture on top; sprinkle with remaining stuffing mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Made this great dish since the early '80's. Yes, I'm that old. And I love it. Even my very, very picky husband loves it, sour cream and all.
TASTY! Thanks for sharing. Used a mixture of both zucchini and squash. Also used cream of chicken soup. I really liked the stuffing topping. Think it added great flavor and a little crunch. Recommend covering with foil after about 20 minutes. Could be served with just about anything. Very versatile.
This is a Great recipe. As written a little bland, but nothing a clove of Garlic & pepper and a tad of fresh parmesan cheese could not cured. This was a BIG hit and So easy to do ahead and have on the table. It is a Keeper for me.